Living a healthier life might seem overwhelming, but you don’t have to do it all. Just try starting with one healthier choice one day a week. You can form good habits just as easily as you can form bad ones.
And if you need a few good reasons to start, here are 7 of the many proven benefits of staying clean and sober:
- doing better in school
- avoiding personality changes that drugs often cause, such as anger, aggression and bitterness
- having better judgment in every situation. Alcohol and drug use often lead to risky behavior such as drunk driving, violence, unsafe sex and illegal acts.
- avoiding health problems caused by the toxins in alcohol and drugs, such as liver and kidney failure, heart disease, tremors, and irregular respiration
- reducing your risk for brain damage, seizures, memory loss, depression, anxiety and insomnia
- decreasing the odds that you’ll abuse alcohol and drugs as an adult.
We’re here to help – so check back every week for healthy living videos, tips and contests. Also… see our Stories that Rock page for some inspiring success stories.