THE NUMBERS DON’T LIE.
• 32,000 young people in Oklahoma are struggling with addiction RIGHT NOW. 80% of them say that they got their first drugs or alcohol from friends and peers. 50% got it from family members.
• On average, two Oklahomans are killed every single day by prescription drug overdose.
• Every day in the U.S., 2500 youth ages 12-17 take a non-prescribed painkiller for the first time.
• Approximately 68 young people die from alcohol-related deaths every year in Oklahoma.
• The average age at which Oklahoma youth report taking their first drink is 12.
• 21.2 million Americans over the age of 12 currently need treatment for illegal drug or alcohol use problem.
Statisics provided by: drugfreeworld.org, oklahomawatch.org, ok.gov, and National Survey on Drug Use and Health